2014

Saturday, January 18, 2014


So far, in the 17 days of 2014 life has been rather turbulent. It feels like change is on the horizon and I'm not sure I'm ready for it. I feel like swimming out into the ocean and getting beaten by the waves. Some sort of way to stop the mind thinking, the what ifs, the buts, the future plans, the oh crap I'm actually an adult how did that even happen? I'd like to be in the moment where nothing matters except getting through the waves.

I read an article once about how our generation has so many options, that we end up doing nothing because we simply can't decide, that we're never happy with what we've got because the grass is always greener. We want to do it all but there just simply isn't enough time. I know that I am a culprit of this, often beating myself up. Seeing other people doing all these things on social media sites really doesn't help, in fact it rubs it in. Just why haven't I been to... or why am I not good at ... It's enough to drive anyone insane.

Another thing that's got me thinking, is whether there is a point where people do things just so that they can tell everyone about it. Like the posting of it is more important than the actual experience, the living in the moment. It's like when you're at a gig and everyone in the front row has their iphones up filming, taking pictures. But why not just live it. Maybe I'm just getting old, growing up, not in touch with the youth of today. Who knows, all I do know is I'm getting sick of it. I want to run away to somewhere where there is no facebook, eating my day up, where I don't constantly feel the need to check my phone, or where I won't be in the company of others constantly on their phone.

The world is a crazy place, so many treasures to unearth, so many places to see, so many adventures to be had. Here's to getting out there and living it.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Hello

Hello